Monday, January 28, 2008

Pottery

Pottery. Honestly pottery doesn't amaze me all that much! Lopsided bowls no one even eats cereal out of. I don't understand people that make pottery. What are they called? Potters? Seeing the gallery in Hoover didn't change things too much for me, but I was at least entertained. The style I saw running amok the recent designs was that of textures not found in pottery. So alas, there were pots that didn't look like pots. One even looked like a lava sperm slug. How it is a pot or how it crawled in to try and act like a pot, who knows, but most people stayed away from it. There was a pot big enough for a tear drop or maybe even a single squished olive, and it was from Yeshua's day. Now that was a spectacle. Maybe they knew how to survive on much less. It also brings a newfound fascination for Hanukkah- it must have been reaaaally hard for that oil to last 8 days.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Zac, I'm not stalking you- but I randomly came across your blog and was taking a browse. Anyways, I've to say I was laughing out loud at this. Quality humor you have. cheers to you and thanks for putting a smile on my face :)
~Carissa (the girl who's name you thought was Cassandra)